Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Knight in shining armor

 And a red mini skirt.

silver shirt, metallic shirt

I found this fabric right around Purim which is the Jewish Halloween. It was laying right by the satin yellow fabric with pink polka dots and a roll of yellow faux fur.
It was a hard choice, but I chose the silver fabric as I didn't think the yellow fuax fur would compliment my complextion.
It was also a whopping 2$ a meter. How could I say no to that?
(It's not like I came back a month later a bought a few more meters of this fabric to make shirts for my friends. We plan to all wear them at them same time. and bunny ears.)



I decided to make a simple shirt as the fabric already is quite unique as it is.
I used my custom bodice as a guideline for the shirt. I decided to make a rounded hem  - I've seen this on many shirts in stores and stuff and thought it would be a nice addition. I know this feature doesn't really deserve a whole sentence but there really isn't that much to say about this pattern.
Luckily, I have a sewing blog.



From the back.
I really like what the rounded hem does to my booty. A lot of uplifting action.

silver shirt, metallic shirt


I basically serged the edges and hemmed the armholes and neckline.
It really did take me like an hour to make this.

silver shirt, metallic shirt

See that glare on my shoulder? It's blinding.
I try to stay out of direct sunlight for fear of looking like a vampire:


That is also what I look like without a shirt on.



silver shirt, metallic shirt

The only thing about this is shirt is that it's not the most flattering silhouette in the world. It kind of makes me look like the width of my whole body is the same width as my boobs. (which are surprisingly large in this last photo if I do say so myself)

What are your thoughts about interesting fabrics? Do you, like me, tend to make basic patterns for these or does this not stop you from going all out in the pattern department? I'd love to know!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun project! I think the fit is actually quite chic and flattering... I don't think you'd want a tight fit in a metallic fabric like that... it would look a little too 'lady of the night' imho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I guess you're right... I definitely don't want to look like that!
      it's still a little short though.. I don't know why my shirt always turn out so short :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...